Willington Hall is situated within easy reach of the major transport routes, being 9 miles outside Chester, 21 miles from the M6, 22 miles from Liverpool airport, and 27 miles from Manchester airport.
How to Find Us
Depending on where you are travelling from you will take one of the three routes to Willington, if you miss the turning, just carry on to the next one. Download map and directions
A556 / A54 from Northwich / Winsford; Chester Road
- Approx 0.75 mile after the roads merge you arrive at traffic lights, Morreys Nursery on right. Turn left at these lights.
- This takes you into Kelsall village on ‘The Old Coach Road’
- On the left there is a pub called the Farmers Arms
- Take the next left after the pub, ‘Quarry Lane’
- Continue all the way to the end of the road
- At the ‘T’ junction turn left, ‘Willington Lane’
- Continue for 1.5 miles, driving through the village of Willington
- Beyond Willington there is a large ‘S’ bend, 200 yds after which the Hotel will be on your right.
A54 from Chester
- From Chester you will drive past a BP garage on your left followed by some traffic lights
- Continue along that road, you will come to a roundabout, continue straight on. Continue on this road for approximately 1 mile
- Tarvin village will be on your right, a Thai restaurant on your left, ‘The Copper Kettle’
- Beyond Tarvin, there is a big house on the right, and a turning right. This will be signposted ‘Oscroft, Willington, Pryors Hayes’ – ‘Shay Lane’
- Having turned right continue approximately 2 miles on this road. This will take you through Oscroft village and up a long straight road ‘T’ junction in Willington village.
- At the ‘T’ junction turn right
- Continue out of Willington, after ¼ mile there is a large ‘S’ bend, 200yds after which the Hotel will be on your right.
A49 from Tarporley / Nantwich
- Continuing towards Chester from Taporley you will drive into a village called Clotton
- Driving through Clotton there will be a pub on the left called ‘The Bulls Head / Spice Blu’
- Immediately after this there is a sign for ‘Willington Hall Hotel’ Right ( above there are also signs for Tarvin, Willington and Kelsall )
- Turn right onto ‘Willington Road’
- Continue for approximately 2 miles, you will see the Hotel on the left as you go up the hill
The nearest train station is Delamere, which is about 6 miles away, after that Chester is 9 miles away and Crewe 16 miles. Taxis can be arranged from Delamere station, and are abundant at the other mainline stations.
If you would like to visit us by helicopter, Willington Hall is also able to offer guests complimentary use of our landing pad. Lat. N5311.30, Long. W00242.10. Nat. Grid Ref. 117(SJ)533661.
For Helicopter dining packages including transport to and from the Hall please contact HeliAir – 01789 470476